Thursday, December 21, 2006

The starting point.

I bought this thing for $250. One of the most rust free vans I've seen on the east coast. It's been butchered all to hell though. It's a '67 VW Type II/Transporter/bus.

The louvers on the side have been cut out. and the rear wheel wells have been cut as to accommodate bigger tires at some point.
The left rear corner is in pretty bad shape. I have a replacement that came with the deal. I'll be welding that in as well as all the other stuff that's missing.
It Appears that someone has cut holes in the roof to accommodate those old school bubbles that used to be on conversion vans back in the seventies and eighties.
Hardly any rust in this thing.
It came with a 1600 dual port engine. It turns freely by hand. All it needs it a carb (and I have one) to find out whether it'll run.










No comments: