Thursday, January 11, 2007

Overhead vent repair.

This last week I Sanded and coated the interior roof with Rust Bullet and tacked the missing fresh air vent in.

Here is the hack I started with.

Based on the donor piece not being cut out all that well and the ammount of work it would take to replace the entire thing, I decided cutting and blending here would be a much easier and better looking repair.

After I cut the donor peice to fit, I used the existing screw holes for the access plate to line it up perfectly. Here, where the two pieces meet, I'm using lap welds unlike the roof where I used butt welds. I painted the interior roof with Rust Bullet and also replaced the seals on the forward and center air flaps.

I still have som more grinding and finishing to do but you get the picture.

No comments: