Friday, March 30, 2007

First ride.

Took the bus out for it's first trip on Wednesday. It drove pretty well. The two bigger issues I'm having are the brakes and the steering.

There is quite a bit of play in the steering and it has a tendency to wander. Corrections on the wheel take about three inches of travel before the box kicks in and brings the wheels back. The alignment is also contributing to the wandering. A minor adjustment to the steering box should correct it.

Brakes worked great after I bled them out and replaces the wheel cylinders. When I hit the road I made it a few blocks before the master cylinder gave up the ghost. The brakes started getting weaker with each stop. A new master cylinder is on order and will be here this weekend.

I fully intended on posting pics this week but a couple parts still need to be installed before the unveiling. Definitely will be posted by this coming Wednesday. The VIN# search turned up nothing and I was extremely relieved to find out my bus isn't stolen. So am officially legal to drive on the road with a temporary tag until my custom tag arrives in the mail.

So close I can taste it!

No comments: